Who knew it was possible to make such epic brownies WITHOUT sugar!?
• 500g Medjool dates, pitted
• 1/2 tsp of bicarbonate of soda
• 300ml of boiling water
• 200g unsalted butter
• 180g 100% dark chocolate
• 6 eggs
• 50g ground almonds
• 50g cocoa powder
• Pinch of salt
• 90g 100% dark chocolate
• 200g unsalted butter, softened
• 2 tbsp whole milk
• 150g sugar-free raspberry jam
1. Preheat the oven to 180 fan and grease and line a 24 x 24 cm baking tin.
2. Place the pitted dates in a sauce pan, add the boiling water and the bicarbonate of soda. Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
3. Place the dates and any remaining liquid in a food processor and puree till completely smooth.
4. Melt the butter and dark chocolate together over a bain marie. Set aside to cool slightly. Add to the date mixture in the food processor and blitz until smooth.
5. Add the eggs one at a time, pulsing each time until fully incorporated.
6. Mix the almond, cocoa powder and salt together in a bowl and mix well.
7. Add to the mixture in the food processor and pulse to incorporate. Use a spatula to scrape down the sides of the pan and pulse again.
8. Place the mixture in to the pre prepared tin and bake for 25-30 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool completely.
9. To make the icing, melt the dark chocolate over a bain marie and set aside to cool slightly.
10. Beat the butter until soft and fluffy. Add the milk and beat again. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula. Add the raspberry jam and beat again.
11. Once the chocolate is cooled but still pourable, add to the mixture and beat again.
12. Once the brownie is completely cool place the icing on the top and serve.