These are no flash in the pan. In fact, they're cinnamon buns.
• 550 grams Plain Flour
• 225 milliliters Milk (Tepid)
• 75 grams Unsalted Butter (Cubed)
• 95 grams Sugar
• Pinch Salt
• 7 grams Instant Yeast
• 2 Eggs
• 75 grams Unsalted Butter, soft
• 8 grams Cinnamon
• 100 grams Light Brown sugar
• 40 grams Cream Cheese
• 30 grams Soft Unsalted Butter
• 80 Icing Sugar
• 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1. Add the yeast into the milk, stir together and leave to sit for a few minutes. Whisk in the eggs to combine.
2. In a stand mixer, add all of the dry ingredients & butter and with a dough hook attached, slowly pour in the wet ingredients and knead for 5m until soft.
3. Place the dough in an oiled bowl and allow it to rise for an hour or doubled in volume.
4. Once ready, knock the dough back and using a rolling pin, roll it into a large rectangle.
5. Spread the soft butter on top of the dough. Mix together the sugar and cinnamon and spread this evenly over the top.
6. From the short side of the rectangle, roll the dough into a tight log. Cut into 1 inch discs and arrange the rounds into a buttered skillet pan.
7. Allow to rise for 20m, then bake at 200c/400f for 10m or until golden brown on top.
8. While cooking, mix the cream cheese butter, icing sugar and vanilla together.
9. Spread the mixture on top of the cinna-buns as soon as they are baked and serve.