Ever get bored of regular mince pies? This Indian-inspired twist will have you in love
• 60 grams pecans
• 40 grams Almonds chopped
• 20 grams almond ground
• 60 grams chopped cherry dried
• 60 grams chopped stem ginger
• 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
• 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
• 1 orange, juice and zest
• Ready made filo
1. Melt the oil, sugar and stir in orange and zest.
2. Add the other ingredients and cook down to a syrupy thick consistency.
3. Let it cool and thicken.
4. When ready to use get your filo and preheat oven to 180C.
5. Take one sheet and butter it all or oil it. Short side facing you cut a strip about 6 centimeters high and fold in half lengthways. Place a very small dollop of the mincemeat on the left end pastry and fold bottom left corner up to meet the top edge and then top left down to the bottom right until its all rolled, if you need a bit more oil to stick down end do that. Repeat until you've made enough.
6. Bake until golden around 15 minutes. Dust with icing sugar.