3 awesome way to pimp your ramen!
• Gourmet Ramen:
• 1 packet of your favourite ramen flavour!
• 1 tea stained egg
• 100g smoked bacon lardons
• A few slices of bamboo shoot/menma
• 2 spring onion greens, shredded
• Nori sheets
• Sesame seed and nori sprinkle
• Breakfast Ramen:
• 1 packet spicy chicken ramen
• 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
• A few slices of streaky bacon
• 3 chipolata sausages
• A handful of assorted mushrooms - king oyster/enoki/
• 10 - 12 tomatoes, on the vine
• 1 egg
• Ramen Burrito:
• 1 packet spicy chicken ramen
• 1 flour tortilla
• 1/2 red onion, finely diced
• 1 spring onion, sliced
• 1 tbsp tabasco
• 1 chicken breast, poached and shredded
• 25g cheddar
• 25g mozzarella
• sesame/nori, to sprinkle
• A handful of coriander
1. Gourmet Ramen: For the Fry the bacon lardons in a little oil in a pan until golden and crispy. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and allow to cool for 10 minutes before placing in a blender. Blitz until the lardons are finely ground and have a floss like texture.
2. Meanwhile, add the ramen noodles to the pan with the bacon fat and add water according to the packet instructions - you want this dish to be brothy so you may need to add a little more water than recommended.
3. Boil the noodles in the broth for 3 - 5 minutes, or until the noodles are cooked and then stir in the packet seasoning to combine.
4. Place the noodles into your serving bowl and top with a soy sauce egg,
5. some shredded spring onion greens, the menma and the pork floss.
6. Finish by adding some nori sheets and a sprinkle of sesame seeds.
7. Boil some water in a pan and add your egg. Boil for 6 minutes. Meanwhile mix together 50ml low-sodium soy sauce, 1 tsp sugar and 1 tsp rice wine vinegar. When your egg is done, transfer to a bowl of iced water to cool down, then peel. Add the egg to the bowl of soy sauce and marinate for anything from 2 - 6 hours.
8. Breakfast Ramen: Pre-heat oven to 180 C. Add mushrooms and tomatoes to a baking dish along with a glug of olive oil and roast for 2 minutes.
9. Meanwhile, place ramen noodles in a saucepan and add water according to the packet instructions.
10. Cook the noodles for the recommended amount of time and add the packet seasoning and the tomato sauce.
11. At the same time, cook the sausages and bacon until done to your liking, remove from the pan and add a glug of oil, then fry the egg.
12. To serve, place the noodles on a shallow lipped dish and top with the sausages, bacon, roasted tomatoes, mushrooms and finally the fried egg. Sprinkle with some sesame seeds and nori.
13. Ramen Burrito: Place the ramen noodles in a pan and cover with the water according to the packet instructions. Cook the noodles until soft and then add the packet seasoning and 1 tbsp tabasco.
14. Add the red onion, spring onion and shredded chicken breast and stir through to combine, making sure the noodles are quite dry and not too saucy. Remove from the heat.
15. Lay a flour tortilla on top of some foil and spread some guacamole in a horizontal line just off centre of the wrap. Pile the noodles on top and sprinkle over some of the cheese, and the sesame/nori sprinkle. Finally sprinkle over some coriander.
16. To wrap your burrito, fold the side closest to you up over the filling and at the same time fold the sides in so that you start to form a parcel. Keep rolling the tortilla away from you to roll into a cylinder and follow the same method to encase the burrito in the foil.