The Topless Baker pimps up his brownies with the help of some pimpk...sorry...pumpkin
• Brownie Mixture:
• 250 grams Unsalted Butter
• 500 grams Caster Sugar
• 100 grams Cocoa Powder
• 100 grams Self Raising Flour
• 4 Eggs
• Swirl Mixture:
• 115 grams Cream Cheese
• 115 grams Pumpkin Puree (Canned)
• 1 Egg
• 25 grams Caster Sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1. Start with the pumpkin swirl mixture. Beat the cream cheese (room temp), pumpkin, egg, caster sugar, ginger, cinnamon & nutmeg together until smooth. Set to one side.
2. Melt the butter, sugar & cocoa powder over a double boiler.
3. Sift in the flour and add the beaten eggs. Mix to combine
4. Spread the brownie mixture over the base of a brownie tin, and then add big dollops of the pumpkin mix. Swirl the pumpkin mixture into the brownie with a toothpick.
5. Bake at 180c for 22-25m or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cook them slightly less for a fudgier texture.
6. Allow them to cool in the pan and then serve.