These Japanese dumplings will be your new favourite dish!
• 24 round gyoza wrappers
• 20 grams cabbage
• 2 garlic clove
• 1 spring onion
• Small piece of fresh ginger
• 150 grams pork mince
• 1 teaspoon sesame oil
• 1 teaspoon soy sauce
• 100 milliliters water
• Ponzu sauce to serve
1. Boil the cabbage leaves until soft and then finely chop.
2. Chop the garlic, spring onion, ginger and mix together with the pork and cabbage.
3. Add the sesame oil and soy, and allow the mixture to
4. Marinate for 5-10 minutes.
5. Spoon about a teaspoon of mixture into the middle of a gyoza
6. Wrapper. Dip your finger in water and run this around the
7. Edge of the wrapper. Fold it in half and before sealing, begin pleating one side. The finished gyoza should be flat on one side and pleated on the other. Place onto a floured plate.
8. In a pan with vegetable oil, cook the gyoza on a medium
9. Heat (flat side down) until they are golden on the bottom.
10. Add the water to the pan and place a lid on top. Cook for
11. About 5 minutes on the lowest heat possible. Once they have puffed up - they are ready.
12. Remove the lid and drizzle with some sesame oil and turn
13. The heat up for a few seconds to crisp up.
14. Serve with ponzu sauce.