Add some Latin flavours to your dinner
• 1 tablespoon light olive oil
• 600 grams baby potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-2 centimeters slices
• 1 red pepper, halved, deseeded and sliced
• 1 yellow pepper, halved, deseeded and sliced
• 1/2 x 350 grams jar stuffed green olives, drained (100 grams drained weight)
• 3-4 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves only
• 4 garlic cloves, skin on and bashed with the flat of a knife
• 250 milliliters hot chicken stock
• 8 x chicken thighs, skin on, bone in
• 1 x 250 grams pack Spanish mini cooking chorizo, separated and halved
• 1/2 x 28 grams pack flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
• Zest and juice of 1 lemon
• 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• Fresh crusty bread to serve (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas 6. Mix the light olive oil with the sliced potatoes, seasoning them lightly, and put the slices in a single layer in a large, deep roasting tray. Scatter the sliced peppers and olives over the potatoes, then add the thyme leaves and garlic cloves.
2. Season the chicken thighs and sit them on top of the vegetables, then add the chunks of chorizo to the tray. Pour the stock into the tray, around the chicken and chorizo. Put the tray in the oven and roast for 45-50 minutes.
3. Near the end of the cooking time, mix the parsley together with the lemon zest and juice and olive oil in a small bowl. Once the chicken is cooked through and the potatoes are soft when poked with a knife, remove the tray from the oven, pour over the herby oil mixture, season to taste and serve immediately, with crusty bread, if you like.