Nutella Stuffed Beignets are the sweet treat you didn't know you were looking for. Deep fried pillows of fluff filled with your favourite chocolate spread!
• 7g fast action yeast
• 175ml warm water
• 50g caster white sugar
• 1 large egg
• 115ml evaporated milk
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 400g bread flour
• 50g shortening
• 1L vegetable oil for frying
• 1 small jar Nutella
• 25g icing sugar
1. In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the warm water, sugar and yeast. Mix quickly with a fork, then let it sit for 10-15 minutes while you weigh the rest of the ingredients
2. Add the eggs and evaporated milk and start the mixer, then add the salt and bring it all together.
3. Add the flour and mix with the dough hook on low until the flour is combined, then add the shortening, increase the speed to medium, and knead for 10 minutes until smooth and glossy.
4. Put the dough into a clean mixing bowl, cover with cling film, and let it rise for 1.5-2 hours, until doubled in size.
5. 15 minutes before you’re ready to cook the doughnuts, heat a pan of oil to 180C.
6. Roll the dough out to 1cm thick, and cut it into 6cm squares.
7. Cook the squares a few at a time in the hot oil, turning to ensure they cook evenly.
8. Set them to drain on kitchen paper while you cook the remaining doughnuts.
9. While the doughnuts are cooling slightly, attach a small round nozzle to a piping bag and fill it with Nutella.
10. Using a wooden skewer, make a small hole in one edge of each doughnut then carefully pipe them full of chocolate spread.
11. Dust the filled doughnuts with icing sugar and serve them still warm.