One of dem, two of dem, see the crew of dem, I will wine dem
• 2 750 milliliters bottles of red wine
• 150 grams coconut sugar
• 1 vanilla pod
• Cinnamon sticks (1 for recipe and a few for garnish) nutmeg
• 1 large orange
• 1 clementine
• 1 lime
• 1 lemon
• 2 bay leaves
• A few star anise
• 6 cloves
1. Pour in coconut sugar to the pan and add a twist of peel and the juice of your fresh orange and clementine.
2. Add your vanilla pod, cut down the middle in 2 with a knife, 6 cloves and the cinnamon stick (split in 2), and your finely grated nutmeg.
3. Add some of your wine until everything is just about covered, and simmer for 4-5 minutes until the sugar dissolves - don't let it boil.
4. Once you've been left with a syrup, add your remaining wine and leave on a low heat for 5 minutes.
5. Strain and serve in some half-pint dimpled handled glasses with a slice of orange peel, half a cinnamon stick and a wedge of lime.