Flaky and fruity, these mince pies are to die for
• 200 grams plain flour
• 80 grams icing sugar
• 80 grams unsalted butter
• 1 egg
• Zest of 1/2 an orange
• Pinch of salt
• 300 grams mincemeat
• 75 grams white chocolate chips
• 75 grams dried cranberries and Grand Marnier (or orange juice) to soak
• 25 grams cut mixed peel
1. To start, soak cranberries in Grand Marnier and leave on the side until needed.
2. For the pastry add butter and icing sugar into a bowl and rub together using your fingertips.
3. Add in the remaining ingredients and mix all together using a clawing motion. Once it starts to form a ball turn it out onto a clean work surface.
4. Knead for a few minutes until everything is evenly combined and smooth. Wrap in cling film and chill for 30 minutes in the fridge until firm.
5. In a separate bowl mix together mincemeat, white chocolate chips, mixed peel and soaked cranberries. You may need to drain off any excess liquid.
6. To assemble, roll out chilled pastry and cut out 10 centimeters circles and place into a floured cupcake tray. Spoon in mincemeat filling to the top.
7. Re roll pastry and cut out Christmas shapes to top the mince pies.
8. Brush edges with egg yolk to secure the lids and brush the tops to get a nice golden colour when baking.
9. When ready to serve, dust with icing sugar. Enjoy :D