Malaysian Roti Jala or net pancakes are the Malaysian treat, perfect served with curry.
• 150g plain flour
• 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 1 egg
• 180ml coconut milk
• 180ml water
• Vegetable oil to grease pan
1. Sift flour and ground turmeric into a large bowl. Add salt.
2. Stir in beaten egg and coconut milk until a smooth batter forms.
3. Poke three holes into the lid of an empty water bottle, pour the batter into the bottle and replace the lid.
4. Brush a little oil onto a non-stick pan on medium heat. Move the bottle in circular motions over the pan to form a pattern. Cook until set and repeat until all the batter is used up.
5. When cool enough to handle, fold in both sides of the lacy pancake and roll to form a neat package.
6. Serve with curry.