Like the proverb says, the best things in life DO come in threes...
• 280 grams caster sugar
• 6 tablespoons golden syrup
• 2 tablespoons bicarb soda
• Combo 1
• 40 grams pistachios, chopped
• 50 grams dried cranberries, in small pieces
• Combo 2
• 50 grams white chocolate, melted
• 50 grams dark chocolate, melted
• 2 teaspoons sea salt
• Combo 3
• Few pieces of stem ginger, roughly chopped
• 1 orange, zested
1. Place the sugar and golden syrup into a heavy base sauce pan on a low heat until all the sugar has dissolved. Make sure the heat is not too high and it doesn't start to bubble. Once the sugar starts to caramelise in colour, turn off the heat, add the bicarb and beat with a wooden spoon.
2. Separate into three separate suitable greased containers and moving quickly whilst the honeycomb is still hot, push in some of the pistachios and cranberries in one, ginger in another sprinkling over the orange zest and sprinkle sea salt over another. Leave to cool completely in its tin, remove let them harden.
3. Drizzle the melted chocolate over the salted honeycomb. Perfect gifts.