3 awesome way to decorate your Christmas cake!
• 4 Christmas cakes
• 4 circles of white fondant icing
• Round cookie cutters
• Christmas tree cutters
• Star shaped cutters
• Leaf shaped cutters
• Gold funfetti decorations
• Silver ball decorations
• Bronze funfetti decorations
• Gold star decorations
• Mini coloured chocolate decorations
• Glace cherries
• Green fondant icing
• Red fondant icing
• White writing icing
• Gold cupcake case
1. To make the Christmas pudding: lay the fondant on a surface and cut out a circle small that the top of the cake. Remove the circle from the middle.
2. Roll out a little marzipan and using the same cutter, cut out a circle, but this time keep the circle, removing the excess. Using a knife make a ‘drip’ pattern horizontally across the middle of the marzipan.
3. Slice the Christmas cake with the fondant, so that the circle is slightly below centre and place your marzipan ‘drip’ inside the whole you have created. Add 2 glace cherries to the top and a few green leaves to complete your Christmas pudding.
4. To make the Christmas trees and presents: ice your cake with the fondant and cut out two Christmas trees from the fondant. Remove the Christmas tree shapes.
5. Using the writing icing, pipe ‘tinsel’ lines diagonally across the trees and place the coloured chocolate decorations on top of these lines to form tinsel. Crown with gold star decorations.
6. Place a few fondant presents underneath the trees to finish.
7. To make the star bauble: ice the cake with the fondant and cut out different shaped stars. Remove the star shapes and fill with different coloured funfetti decorations; we used gold, silver and bronze coloured decorations.
8. Turn a gold cupcake case upside down, pierce a hole in the top and thread some silver string through the hole. Attach to the top of the cake with a cocktail stick to complete your bauble.
9. To make the Christmas tree: roll out some green fondant icing and cut out leaves.
10. Ice the cake with the white fondant and starting at the bottom, begin to build a Christmas tree with the green leaves. Once you have made your Christmas tree, use the writing icing to stick gold decorations in any gaps, to represent baubles and finally crown with a gold star.