Biscuit base covered in a sweet mint layer coated in molten dark chocolate!
• 100g self raising flour
• 25g cocoa
• 40g desiccated coconut
• 55g caster sugar
• 140g unsalted butter, melted
• 1 egg, lightly beaten
• 480g icing sugar
• 2 1/2 tbsp boiling water
• 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
• Green food colouring
• 400g dark chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC. Place the flour, cocoa, coconut, sugar, butter and egg in a bowl and mix well to combine.
2. Press into the base of a lightly greased 18cm x 30cm tin lined with non-stick baking paper and bake for 12–15 minutes or until soft to the touch. Set aside to cool.
3. For the filling, place the icing sugar, water, peppermint essence and green food colouring in a bowl and stir to combine.
4. Working quickly, spread over the base and place in the fridge for 1 hour to firm up.
5. When set, chop into square bars and place on a rack.
6. To make the chocolate topping, place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and stir until melted and smooth.
7. Pour the chocolate over the bars making sure to cover all of the sides. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm, then serve dusted with icing sugar.