This is one that's great for small and big kids alike!
• 60 grams butter
• 50 grams caster sugar
• 1 egg
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 125 grams bread flour
• 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
• 1 tablespoon water
• 250 grams dark chocolate
• Colourful chocolates, to decorate
1. Preheat the oven to 140C. In a large bowl, use a wooden spoon to stir butter and sugar together until creamy and smooth. Add the egg and extract and stir to combine. Add the flour and baking powder and stir to combine. Add the water and stir until smooth.
2. Transfer the mixture to a piping bag and snip off the end. Pipe the batter onto three lined baking sheet in straight lines, about 6 inches long, and at least 1/2 an inch apart. Bake until the sticks are set and light golden brown, about 15 minutes. Let the sticks cool completely. Put your coloured chocolates into a ziplock bag and bash with a rolling pin until broken up and out onto a shallow plate.
3. Melt the chocolate and transfer to a small glass and one at time, carefully dip each stick in the melted chocolate. Scrape off any excess chocolate and roll each stick in your crushed coloured chocolates. Place each stick back onto the lined baking trays and transfer to the fridge to set the chocolate.