Chicken and quinoa salad is your perfect bulk up meal prep recipe!
• 450g Chicken breast, skin off and cut into pieces
• Small bunch of thyme, leaves picked
• 1 ½ cup quinoa
• 2 medium sweet potato
• 1 tsp cinnamon
• 1 tsp chilli flakes
• 2 spring onions
• Handful pumpkin seeds
• ½ pomegranate, bashed
• 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
• ½ lemon, juiced
1. Cut the sweet potato into 2cm chunks. Sprinkle over the cinnamon and the chilli flakes
2. In a hot pan on a medium to hot heat, warm up a few sprays of oil. Add to this the chicken with the zest of the lemon and a good pinch of salt and the thyme leaves.
3. Leave this to cook for about 8 minutes till golden on each side and cooked through.
4. Cook the quinoa according to the packet and leave to cool. Season and drizzle with a little oil and a squeeze of lemon so it doesn’t stick.
5. Cut the spring onions into slices and then mix with the quinoa, chicken and sweet potato in a large bowl. Toss with the lemon juice, oil and the herbs. Mix through the seeds and the pomegranate and check for seasoning.
6. This is enough for three protein filled salads so divide between containers and store in the fridge for weekday lunches.