If you've never been keen on quinoa, this cheesy burger may convert you. Satisfy your burger cravings with this cheesy quinoa burger.
• For the burger:
• 2 cups red quinoa, cooked in vegetable broth
• 2 eggs
• 1/2 cup mashed sweet potato
• 1/2 cup canned black beans
• 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
• 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
• 1/3 cup scallions, thinly sliced
• 2 teaspoons garlic powder
• 2 teaspoons cayenne powder
• Salt and pepper to taste
• Olive oil for the pan
• For the rest:
• Spicy mayo
• Thinly sliced red onion
• Baby arugula
• Toasted buns
1. In a bowl, combine all burger ingredients, except the mozzarella. Divide the mixture evenly, form patties, and then chill for at least 15 minutes.
2. Heat olive oil on a skillet on medium heat. Add a few patties at a time, and cook for about 5 minutes on each side. Once golden brown and crispy, place on toasted buns. Top with hot sauce, mayo, arugula, and red onion.