Will this be your new favorite pasta recipe?
• 1/3 packet of linguine or spaghetti
• 1 small onion, diced
• 1/2 bird seye chilli, seeded or de seeded, or dried chilli flakes
• 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
• 1 courgette, grated or julienned
• 100 grams pancetta, thinly sliced or cubed
• 1 splash white wine or cider
• Juice of half lemon
• 1 pinch of salt
• 1 pinch of sugar
• 1 knob butter or a dash of extra virgin olive oil
• 1 small handful of parsley, coarsely chopped
• Black pepper for seasoning
• Parmesan for seasoning
1. Heat a frying pan and add a dash of olive oil.
2. Bring pot of water to the boil and cook the pasta according to packet instructions.(should be about 8 minutes.
3. Add onion to sweat in the frying pan with the chilli and garlic. Then add pancetta, splash of white wine, pinch of salt and sugar and stir well. Add courgettes, cooking for about a minute (until soft) and take off heat.
4. Once the pasta is cooked and drained, mix the courgette and pancetta with it, adding a knob of butter or extra virgin olive oil, juice of the lemon, parsley and a good grinding of black pepper. Mix well and serve with parmesan.