This grilled cheese is taking indulgence to the next level!
• 2 slice Dark German pumpernickel bread
• 1 thin slice Sourdough bread
• Bunch of spring onions
• Cheese sauce
• Pickled onions
• 100 grams butter
• Red Onion
• Strong cheddar Cheese
• White vinegar
• 100 grams Parmesan cheese (grated and baked in oven)
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 cup white cornflour
• 1/2 cup milk
• 2 egg whites
1. To make the wotsits: pour cornflour and milk into a bowl with the egg whites add a pinch of salt.
2. Combine until nice and smooth. Into your mix add a handful of your cooked
3. Parmesan. Load a piping bag with mixture.
4. Pipe drops of your mix into hot oil. They will cook off quickly, be sure to watch them and take out once crispy and golden.
5. Place the fried wotsits into your remaining cooked Parmesan and mix to coat the outside.
6. To make the cheese sauce: melt butter in a sauce pan. Add a spoonful of flour. Pour milk in slowly. Add your cheddar and stir all together.
7. To make pickled onions: to a bowl of sugar, white vinegar and salt add thinly sliced red onions.
8. To make the sandwich: cut white bread to same size as pumpernickle and place under the grill. While toasting your bread cut the spring onions.
9. Add cheese sauce to each slice of bread spooning more on top of the white bread and add spring onions to that slice. Top the other slices with grated cheese
10. And place all back under the grill.
11. Once cheese has melted under the grill place pickled onion on first layer. Place the white bread with spring onion on top and sprinkle wotsits over. Finish by
12. Placing the last slice cheese side down on the wotsit layer.