Introducing the love child of waffles and donuts!
• 160 grams Plain Flour
• 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
• 25 grams Caster Sugar
• 1 Egg Yolk
• 1 Egg White
• 70 milliliters Vegetable Oil
• 300 milliliters Milk
• 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
• Pinch Salt
• Vegetable Oil for frying
• 240 grams Icing Sugar
• 2-4 tablespoons Milk
1. Sift all the dry ingredients together in a bowl and whisk to combine.
2. Separate the eggs and beat the yolks, milk and oil together.
3. Whisk the whites until you have stiff peaks.
4. Add the wet ingredients into the dry and combine.
5. Fold in the egg whites.
6. Pour the batter into the waffle iron and cook for about 2-3m but not until golden.
7. Cut out a small circle of waffle out with a cookie cutter
8. Heat the oil to 175C/350F and fry for 2m, turning them after 1m until golden on both sides. Set them on kitchen paper and allow to cool.
9. Whisk the icing sugar and milk together and then dip the wonuts in and finish with sprinkles.