A veggie spin our your favourite chilli
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 1 large onion, diced
• 4 cloves garlic, minced
• 500ml veg stock
• 200g tomatillo salsa verde
• 1 tsp cumin
• 1/2 tsp dried oregano
• 2 cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
• 1 bunch coriander, stalks chopped
• 2 fresh jalapeno chillies, chopped
• For the cheesy tortillas;
• 2 flour tortillas
• 50g grated cheddar
• 50g crumbed wensleydale
• For serving:
• lime wedges, coriander
1. In a medium pot heat oil over medium high heat. Add onions and fry until translucent then add the coriander stalks, green chiles and garlic and fry for a further 3 minutes.
2. Add stock, salsa verde, cumin and dried oregano. Mix together and cook for 15. Add the beans and cook for 15 more minutes.
3. Serve with freshly squeezed lime juice, chopped coriander and other toppings like grated cheese and sour cream if you wish.
4. To make the parmesan tortilla chips, preheat the oven to 180 C. Cut the flour tortillas into triangles and sprinkle with grated cheese. Place in the preheated oven for 3 - 5 minutes until golden and the cheese has melted. Serve with the soup.