Jack cooks up an epic pasta dish with ingredients from the Tastemade kitchen!
• 4 cloves of garlic
• 1 banana shallot
• 1 red chilli
• 4 rashers of smoked bacon or pancetta
• 1 tin of tomatoes
• 200 grams pappardelle
• 50 grams mozzarella
• Sea salt
• Black pepper
• Olive oil
1. Finely slice the chilli, garlic and the shallot and sweat off on a low to medium heat with a good drizzle of olive oil. Let this cook down for around 10 minutes or so,
2. Making sure it doesn't catch.
3. Add in the tin of tomatoes and let this cook down till thick and all the ingredients have fused. Meanwhile, cut the bacon into small strips, and fry in a little oil until crisp.
4. Put a pan of salted water on to boil and cook the pasta till al dente, this is just minutes if you are using fresh pasta. Once the sauce is at a good stage, place in a
5. Food processor and blitz for a minute or two.
6. Place the sauce back into its pan and add the cooked pasta, toss together to completely coat.
7. Finish with the basil leaves, season and tear over the mozzarella.