Our adorable Watermelon Ice Pops are the perfect way to cool down this Summer!
• 125g caster sugar
• 125ml water
• 1 vanilla pod, seeds only
• 600ml/1 pint watermelon juice (made from the flesh of 1 watermelon, seeds removed, blended and sieved)
• 4 limes, juice only
• 50g chocolate chips
• 100ml coconut milk
• 3 ripe kiwis
• 50g sugar
• 50ml water
1. Place the sugar, water and vanilla seeds into a pan over a medium heat. Heat until the sugar dissolves, then remove from the heat and allow to cool.
2. Transfer to the fridge and chill until very cold.
3. Add the watermelon juice and lime juice and mix well.
4. Pour the fruit mixture into six ice lolly moulds until they are 3/4 full then put them into the freezer for 30 minutes, until they start to freeze.
5. Once the lollies are starting to freeze, take them out of the freezer and sprinkle the chocolate chips into each mould. Using your ice lolly stick, gently nudge the chocolate chips downwards until they’re well spread out. Wipe the inside of the mould with a kitchen towel if the top third has gotten a little messy. Put one stick into each mould and put them back into the freezer for 2 hours.
6. Once frozen, add a thin layer of coconut milk to each ice lolly mould and freeze again.
7. Place the 50g sugar and 50ml water into a pan over a medium heat. Heat until the sugar dissolves, then remove from the heat and allow to cool.
8. Peel and slice your kiwi; add to your blender and blitz until you have a purée then drizzle in the sugar syrup.
9. When the coconut milk has frozen, add the kiwi purée on top and freeze again.
10. Once frozen, remove from the moulds and serve up. If you have any difficulty removing the ice lollies from the moulds, run the moulds under warm water for a few seconds.