These cheese-stuffed cheese potatoes are everything you want in a savoury snack!
• 4 large roasting potatoes
• 8 slices of thin cut streaky bacon
• 250g grated Red Leicester/ mozzarella mix
• 75ml double cream, plus extra for serving if you wish
• Small handful of chives, finely chopped
• Salt & freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Rub the skins of the potatoes with a drizzle of olive oil and salt. Place in the oven to cook for about 45 minutes to one hour, turning half way to ensure they are crisping all over. Take the potatoes out when they are crisp, and leave to cool. Using a melon baller or a spoon, carve out the center of each potato, being careful not to make the walls too thin, and to leave a bit of thickness at the bottom as well. Use a ricer to rice half of the potato filling into a medium sized bowl - (you can freeze the other half for making mash at a later stage!) then stir in the cream, add 200g of the cheese and the chives. Stir until well mixed and season to taste.
2. Fill the potato shells with the mixture using a teaspoon, making sure to really pack it down. Repeat with the remaining potato shells then finish with the reserved cheese. Wrap each potato in 2 slices of bacon, holding them in place with cocktail sticks.
3. Place them upright on a tray and place back into the oven. Cook for a further 25 - 30 minutes, or until the bacon is nicely crisped and the top of the volcanoes are golden.