This colourful lasagne, packed full of tasty roasted vegetables, is sure to brighten your day!
• 1 kilogram Beetroots
• 1 Large Squash
• 1.5 kilograms Tomatoes
• 500 grams Frozen Spinach
• 30 grams Vegetarian hard cheese
• 40 grams Grated Mozzarella
• 250 grams Ricotta
• 1 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
• Bulb of garlic
• 4 Sprigs of Rosemary
• Sea Salt
• Olive Oil
• 2 tablespoons Double Concentrated Tomato Puree
• 500 grams Fresh Lasagne Sheets, blanched for 2 minutes
1. Start by chopping the butternut squash into cubes, around 2 centimeterss, and place on a baking tray with olive oil and a good pinch of salt.
2. Scrub the beetroots and top and tail, then chop into equally sized chucks Place on a separate baking tray with olive oil and about 5 garlic cloves.
3. Half the tomatoes and add to another tray with olive oil, salt, 4 garlic cloves and the few sprigs of rosemary.
4. Preheat the oven to 180°C and bake the squash and the beets for 50 minutes until completely soft, place the tomatoes in the same oven after 15 minutes, so they are
5. Soft at the same time. Separately, blitz the veg in the food processor, enough so it's both smooth and still has texture.
6. Make the final filling by wilting the spinach down in a pan. Once ready, roughly chop the spinach on a board and add to a bowl with the ricotta, nutmeg and a good pinch of salt and pepper, mix together.
7. Lightly oil a lasagne dish, around 25x30, and layer the bottom with an even layer of the spinach mix.
8. Next layer on the lasagne sheets so it totally covers the layer. Spoon the beetroot layer on next, again covering with the pasta sheets.
9. Follow this with the squash layer, cover with the final layer of pasta and top with the tomato sauce.
10. Grate over the hard cheese and top with the mozzarella, and place in the hot oven for 20-25 minutes until golden and bubbling.