When your vegan friend says they miss cheesecake make them this awesome layered raspberry dessert!
• 200g pecans
• 10 medjool dates, stones removed
• 15g cocoa powder
• Pinch salt
• 125g raspberries
• 1 tbsp maple syrup
• 400g cashews, soaked overnight
• 300g coconut cream
• 10 tbsp coconut oil
• 150ml maple syrup
• 1 tbsp vanilla extract
• Zest of 1 lemon
1. Line the cake tin with greaseproof paper and set aside.
2. Make the base: add the pecans, dates, cocoa powder and salt to a food processor and pulse until it forms a dough. Using the back of a large spoon, press the dough evenly into the bottom of the tin then set aside in the fridge.
3. Make the raspberry swirl: in a small saucepan over a medium heat add the raspberries and maple syrup. Whilst stirring, allow to simmer for 3-5 minutes until the fruit breaks down into a syrup. Set aside.
4. Make the cheesecake: blend the cashews, coconut cream, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract, lemon juice, and lemon zest together in the food processor until smooth.
5. Pour this mixture into the tin, spreading evenly.
6. Next, add dollops of the raspberry syrup on top of the cheesecake mixture. Using a knife, begin to make swirls through the cheesecake layer until you achieve your desired marble look.
7. Place in the freezer for 2 hours to firm up, then into the fridge until ready to serve. Remove from the tin and cut into 10 slices.