This bacon will turn you into an accidental vegan
• A few slices of good quality sourdough bread
• Iceberg/Romaine lettuce
• 1 large tomato, sliced
• 1 ripe avocado
• Salt and pepper
• 150 grams unsweetened coconut flakes
• 2 tablespoons Tamari
• 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
• 1 tablespoon maple syrup
• 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
• 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
• 125 grams raw cashews nuts, soaked for about 3 hours
• 60 milliliters water
• 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
• 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
• 1/2 teaspoon English mustard powder
• 1 teaspoon sea salt
• 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• 1 tin Cannellini beans drained and rinsed
• 1 lemon, juice
• 1 clove of fresh garlic
• 1 tablespoon of Tahini
• 1 teaspoon cumin
• 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
• Salt and pepper
• 2 carrots for batons
1. For the Baconut: preheat oven to 180 degrees. Line a baking tray.
2. Place the coconut flakes out onto the baking sheet.
3. Combine all the seasonings in a bowl and then drizzle them onto the coconut flakes, tossing and ensuring each flake is coated.
4. Spread the flakes into an even layer on the parchment paper and bake for 12 -14 minutes, occasionally tossing until flakes are mostly dry and turning golden on the edges.
5. Next, let's move on to the cashew mayo. Place the nuts into a bowl and cover them with water. Let them soak for a minimum of 3 hours or overnight. Then rinse and drain.
6. Add the soaked nuts, water, vinegar, lemon juice, mustard powder, and sea salt to a high-powered blender. Blend until thick and creamy. Then add the olive oil and blend until combined. You will want to keep blending until it is ultra smooth. You may need to stop the blender, stir it, and then blend again.
7. And lastly, let's do the cannellini bean dip...Simply blend the beans together with the lemon juice, garlic, tahini, cumin and smoked paprika. You can loosen the mixture with water if needed. Don't forget to season.