Venetia shows us her recipe for the perfect chocolate swiss roll. Spoiler alert, it's vegan too!
• 3/4 cup almond meal
• 3/4 cup oat flour (gluten-free if desired)
• 10 Medjool dates, pitted
• 1/4 tsp ground vanilla bean
• 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
• 2-3 tbsp water
• 1 chilled can full fat coconut cream (only the hard part)
• 1 tbsp maple syrup
• 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
• 200g of melted dark vegan chocolate
• Desiccated coconut
• Crushed almonds
1. For the dough, simply place all the ingredients in a high-speed blender and mix until you get a smooth dough.
2. Line a square baking tin with parchment paper. Once the dough is ready, spread it evenly in the tin, pressing down with your fingers.
3. Place the baking tin in your freezer for 10 minutes.
4. Prepare the coconut whip by scooping out only the firm part of cream from the can and placing it in a chilled bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and use a mixer to whip it up.
5. Take out the dough from the freezer, take it out of the tin with the parchment paper and evenly spread the coconut whip on top.
6. Slowly start rolling up the dough from one side until you have a firm roll.
7. Place the roll back into the freezer and melt/ prepare your chocolate.
8. Either melt your vegan dark chocolate or whisk together the ingredients for your homemade chocolate sauce.
9. When ready, pour the chocolate over the roll, add toppings and let it dry in the fridge or freezer.
10. Let sit at room temperature for 5 minutes before eating when storing in the freezer!