Looking for something special to cook for Valentines Breakfast? This heart-shaped egg in bread and french toast hearts are the perfect way to start your day!
• 4 thick slices sourdough
• 100g soft butter
• 6 eggs
• 50ml double cream
• 1/4 tsp vanilla essence
• Pinch cinnamon
• Icing sugar to dust
• Heart shaped cutters
1. Use the heart shaped cutter to cut out hearts from each slice of bread.
2. Put the hearts to one side, and spread butter on each side of the remaining bread.
3. Put the read slices in a frying pan and cook on one side.
4. Turn over, then carefully break an egg into each hole.
5. Cook until the egg is cooked through - cover with a saucepan lid for 1 minute if you want to cook the white of the egg more.
6. Whisk together two eggs, the double cream, cinnamon and vanilla. Add your bread hearts to the bowl and cover them with the egg mixture.
7. Add some more butter to the frying pan, then gently cook your French toast hearts on both sides, until golden brown.
8. Serve with berries and a dusting of icing sugar.