Pizza dough in just 2 ingredients? Sign us up!
• For the dough:
• 500g self raising flour
• 500g greek yoghurt
• 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus 60 millilitres
• 1 tsp flaky salt
• For the sauce:
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
• 1 tbsp dried oregano
• 400g chopped tinned tomatoes
• 1 tsp sugar
• Salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
• To assemble and bake:
• 400g sliced mozzarella cheese
• 200g pepperoni
• 115g Pecorino Romano cheese, grated
1. To make the dough; Mix the flour and yoghurt together until they form a ball. Turn out onto a floured work surface and knead for 5 to 8 minutes.
2. Pour half of the olive oil into an 20 x 30 rimmed baking sheet and spread over the surface with your hands. Begin to roll the dough out to roughly fit in into the baking sheet then transfer to the baking sheet and spread out gently with your hands, pushing and stretching dough into the corners of the pan by pressing out from the centre. When the baking sheet is covered, spirknle with the salt and set aside for 20 to 30 minutes while you make the sauce.
3. For the sauce: heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat then add the garlic and cook for about 1 minute. Add the oregano, tomatoes and sugar. Bring to a simmer and cook for about 15 minutes. Season to taste with salt. Set aside and allow to cool slightly.
4. To assemble and bake; Preheat the oven to 250 C / 220 C fan. Cover the surface of the dough with the remaining olive oil and top with slices of mozzarella cheese evenly over surface of pizza. Spoon sauce on top of cheese and spread with the back of a spoon. Top with the pepperoni slices and then sprinkle with half of the pecorino. Transfer to oven and bake for about 25 minutes.
5. Remove pizza from oven. Sprinkle with remaining half of the pecorino and serve immediately.