This is how hipsters celebrate Christmas
• Makes 4 burgers
• 500 grams minced turkey meat
• 1 egg, beaten
• 90 grams bread crumbs
• 1 Bramley apple
• 1/4 cabbage, whatever type you have in for christmas
• 1 red onion
• Brie, sliced
• 1 small heart of romaine lettuce
• 2 tablespoons grainy mustard
• 4 tablespoons mayo
• 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
• 2 tablespoons cranberry sauce
• 4 brioche buns
1. Start by making the turkey patties. Place the mince into a bowl, with the egg the bread crumbs and seasoning. Divide the mix into 4 and make into burger patties. Leave in the fridge to rest.
2. Make the slaw by finely slicing the onion and cabbage and cutting the apple into matchsticks and thin slices, no need to peel it unless you want to. Mix with 2 tablespoons of mayo, the grainy mustard and the white wine vinegar. Season to taste.
3. Lightly grease the burgers and grill the burgers on a hot pan or griddle and cover, until completely cooked through. This should take about 12 minutes, turning halfway. Lightly grill the inside of the buns for a minute or so then start layering.
4. Divide the remaining mayo between the buns, then some lettuce leaves, the burger, a few slices of brie to melt, the slaw, finishing with the cranberry sauce on the top bun. Ultimate turkey burgers.