How many times is too many time to fry your fries?
• 500 grams maris piper potatoes
• 1 litre vegetable oil to fry
• 1 tablespoon truffle oil
• 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
• 1 tablespoon very finely chopped parsley
1. Peel the potatoes and cut into chip shapes.
2. Simmer in a pan of water for 6 minutes until nearly cooked. Drain and allow to steam dry and cool completely.
3. Heat the oil to 130c and cook the chips for 3-4 minutes. Remove, drain on kitchen roll then heat the oil to 180c and cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
4. Put into a baking dish and sprinkle with the truffle oil, chopped parsley, parmesan and some salt.