Super easy samosas made with tortillas!
• 1 onion, chopped
• 1 green chilli, chopped
• 2 cloves garlic, chopped
• 500 grams lean lamb mince
• 200 grams tinned chopped tomatoes
• 1 tablespoon garam masala
• 2 teaspoons ground cumin
• 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
• 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 bunch coriander, chopped
• 8 flour tortillas
• 1 egg, beaten
1. Fry onion in 4 tablespoons oil until soft then add chilli and garlic and fry for a further 2 minutes. Add lamb mince and fry until browned. Add the dry spices and salt, then fry for 2 minutes.
2. Add chopped tomatoes and bring to boil. Once boiling turn the heat down to a simmer and cook for 40-50 minutes until thickened. Add peas and cook until tender.
3. Then stir through the coriander and set aside to cool. When ready to assemble, halve the tortillas and add 1
4. Tablespoon samosa mix to the centre of each half.
5. Brush the edges with the egg wash and bring the flat edges together to form a triangle and press the edges to seal.
6. To shallow fry pour 2 centimeters of oil in a pan over a medium heat and fry the samosa in batches for 1-2 minutes on each side until golden. Alternatively, you can cook in oven, brushed with oil at 180C for 10-15 mins.
7. Drain on kitchen paper.
8. Serve with a mint raita!