Topless Baker is putting a spin on your favourite tart!
• 250g Plain Flour
• 100g Icing Sugar
• 100g Cold Unsalted Butter
• Pinch Salt
• 2 Medium Eggs
• 3-4 Tbsp Seeded Raspberry Jam
• 55g Unsalted Butter
• 25g Light Brown Sugar
• 120g Golden Syrup
• 100g Corn Flakes
1. Add the flour, icing sugar, salt and butter to a mixer and mix on low speed until you have a breadcrumb-like texture. Add the eggs, slightly beaten, and mix until the dough just starts to stick together. Wrap in cling film and place in the fridge for an hour.
2. Flour your work surface and roll out the pastry until it is about 1/4” thick.
3. Lay it over a 25cm/9” fluted tart tin and gently push the dough into the corners. Remove the excess pastry and chill the tart in the freezer for 15 minutes.
4. Blind bake with baking beans at 180C/355F for 15m or until golden around the edge. Remove the baking beans, add a light egg wash to the pastry and bake for another 5 minutes.
5. Spread the jam onto the base of the pastry.
6. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a pan and then add the syrup and sugar. Cook until the sugar has dissolved.
7. Stir in the cornflakes to coat.
8. Pour the corn flake mixture of the top of the jam, spread into the corners and bake for 10 minutes at 180C.
9. Allow to cool before serving.