How to make tomato and basil tart.
• 320 grams sheet Jus Rol puff pastry
• 50 grams pine nuts
• Large bunch of basil
• 50 grams Parmesan
• 150 milliliters olive oil
• 2 garlic cloves, chopped
• 1 egg, beaten
• 6 large vine tomatoes, sliced
• 1 mozzarella ball, drained and thinly sliced
• Basil, for sprinkling
1. Toast the pine nuts in a small frying pan over a low heat. Add into a food processor with the basil, parmesan and chopped garlic and blitz until puréed.
2. Preheat the oven to 180oC and line a baking tray with baking parchment. Put the puff pastry sheet onto the parchment and prick all over with a fork. Fold the edges in to make a border and brush with beaten egg.
3. Spread the pesto over the base and bake for 20-25 minutes.
4. When the tart is crisp, top with lines of tomato and mozzarella and sprinkle over torn basil and cracked black pepper. Serve hot or cold.