Give your mornings a sweet kick-start with this tasty porridge dish
• Serves 2
• 2 apples
• 1 tablespoon butter
• 2 tablespoons brown sugar
• 100 grams oats
• 500 milliliters milk
• Natural yoghurt and cinnamon sprinkle to serve
1. Peel the apples and cut into quarters. Remove the cores and cut into thin slices.
2. In a large frying pan, heat the butter until its bubbling, then add the apple slices. Cook for 5m or until starting to soften. Add the sugar and continue to cook until the sugar has melted and a thick sauce has been made. Set aside while you make your porridge.
3. Put the oats and milk into a saucepan and bring to a simmer. Cook for approx. 5m stirring constantly until thick. Serve the porridge with the apples on top and a drizzle of yoghurt and pinch of cinnamon.