We've given our pavlova a coffee twist! This double layered tiramisu pavlova might just be our most indulgent dessert.
• 6 large egg whites
• 350g caster sugar
• 2 tbsp espresso powder
• 1 tsp almond essence
• 1 tsp cornflour
• 1 packet sponge fingers
• 1 tbsp Kahlúa
• 100ml freshly brewed coffee, cooled
• 500g mascarpone
• 50g icing sugar
• 800ml double cream
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 50ml marsala
• 50g cocoa powder
• Chocolate shavings
1. Preheat oven to 120C.
2. Line two baking trays with non-stick paper, and mark a 10 inch circle in pencil on each one.
3. Whisk the egg whites until firm.
4. With the motor running, add caster sugar 1 tbsp at a time then whisk the meringue to firm peaks.
5. Mix in the espresso powder, cornflour and almond essence.
6. Divide the meringue mix between the trays, and spread it out gently to form circles.
7. Bake for 1 hour, then switch the oven off and let the meringues cool in the oven.
8. Once the meringue layers are cool, mix together the mascarpone, icing sugar, marsala and vanilla. Add the cream and mix through, then whisk to firm peaks.
9. Add the coffee and Kahlúa to a dish and soak the sponge fingers for a few seconds on each side until all of them are soaked.
10. Put one meringue on your serving plate (secure with a blob of cream underneath).
11. Spread 1/2 of the cream filling onto the meringue and top with a layer of the sponge fingers. Dust over some cocoa and hen top with the second meringue layer.
12. Top with the remaining cream, a dusting of cocoa and some chocolate shavings.