• 1 can double cream
• 2 tbsp vanilla essence + 4 tsp vanilla essence
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 4 tbsp instant coffee
• 2 egg whites
• 1 cup fresh cream
• 1 cup condensed milk
• 1/2 cup of filtered coffee
• 1/2 cup of coffee liqueur
• Cocoa powder
1. Combine the double cream with 2 teaspoons of vanilla essence and set to one side.
2. In a pan, combine the sugar and the coffee, mix and leave over low heat until forming a thin syrup. Set to one side.
3. Beat the two egg whites and slowly pour the in the coffee syrup. Beat to form stiff peaks.
4. Add the coffee meringue to the cream with vanilla essence.
5. Pour the mixture into the bottom of a rectangular shaped tin lined with butter or cling film. Put in the freezer for 1 hour.
6. Beat the fresh cream and when it starts to thicken, gradually add the condensed milk. Finally, put the remaining vanilla essence and mix. Leave to one side in the fridge.
7. In a deep dish, mix the filtered coffee and the coffee liqueur.
8. Dip the underside of the ladyfingers into this mixture and arrange over the first layer of the frozen coffee mixture.
9. Pour the cream and condensed milk mixture over the biscuits, freeze for another hour and then cover with biscuits soaked in coffee and return to the freezer for at least 4 hours.
10. Sprinkle with cocoa powder when ready to serve.