The perfect dish for when you don't want to adult.
• 3 large eggs
• 1 cup milk
• 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
• 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
• 1 tablespoon amaretto
• 2 tablespoons maple syrup
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• Pinch of salt
• 8 tablespoons butter
• 8 thick slices of bread
• Coffee whipped cream topping:
• 1 cup cold heavy cream
• 1/3 cup granulated sugar
• 1 teaspoon amaretto
• 1 tablespoon espresso or very strong coffee
1. Prepare the coffee whipped cream. Whisk the heavy cream and sugar together until stiff peaks form. Gently whisk in the amaretto and espresso. Set the whipped cream into the refrigerator if not using right away.
2. In a flat dish or pie pan, whisk together the eggs, milk, spices, amaretto, maple syrup, vanilla and salt.
3. Preheat a large skillet or cast iron pan over medium heat. For each slice, melt 1 tablespoon of butter. Soak each slice of bread very well, then drop into hot pan. Toast for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
4. Serve immediately with a drizzle of maple syrup, a dollop of coffee whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon.