Episode two of The Showdown answers lifes most important question. What makes the ULTIMATE sandwich?!
Vegan Elvis Sandwich
• 150g of unsweetened coconut flakes
• 2 tbsp tamari
• 1 tbsp liquid smoke
• 1 tbsp maple syrup
• 1 tsp paprika
• 1 tsp garlic powder
• 2 slices of sourdough bread
• 2 tbsp of smooth peanut butter
• 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
• 1 peeled and chopped ripe banana
1. Toss the coconut in the bacon spice mix then bake on a lined baking tray and set in a preheated 170 degree oven for 11-12 mins, tossing half way. Allow to cool.
2. Toast the bread. Mix the peanut butter and maple syrup together and then spread on the bread. Add slices of chopped banana and the bacon and sandwich together.
Ultimate Meatball Sub
• 350g Cherry Tomatoes
• 2 Cloves of Garlic
• 1/2 Red Chilli
• Handful of Fresh Basil
• Olive Oil
• 200g Pork Mince
• 200g Beef Mince
• 1 Clove Garlic
• 1/2 White Onion
• 25g Shaved Parmesan
• 1 Slice of bread, blitzed
• 1 Egg
• To Serve:
• Ciabatta Roll
1. Start with the sauce. Chop your tomatoes, garlic, basil and chilli and place them onto a baking tray with a good drizzle of olive oil and salt. Roast for 20 mins at 200c or until the tomatoes are soft and golden.
2. Once cooked, add them to a food processor and blitz.
3. For the meatballs, fry the onions & garlic until soft. Add these to a bowl along with the mince, egg, breadcrumbs,
4. parmesan & seasoning. Mix together with your hands and roll into balls the size of golf balls.
5. Fry the balls in a pan until golden and then add to a dish with the tomato sauce. Bake at 180C for 20 mins.
6. Add the meatballs to a toasted ciabatta, top with more sauce, shavings of parmesan, & thinly sliced mozzarella.
7. Finish with rocket and serve.