In episode one of The Showdown, Topless Baker and Venetia go head to head with two epic Chocolate Mousse recipes!
Duo of Chocolate Mousse
• 4 Eggs
• 60 grams Dark Chocolate (70 percent Cocoa)
• 60 grams Good Quality Milk Chocolate
• 3 teaspoons Sugar
1. Separate the eggs into whites and yolks.
2. Whisk the egg whites, slowly adding the sugar until you have soft peaks.
3. Melt the chocolate in two separate bowls over a ban marie. Once melted take the bowls off the heat and quickly stir in 2 eggs yolks into each bowl of chocolate.
4. Evenly split the egg whites and fold a third into each chocolate mixture until combined. Gently fold in the remaining egg whites until combined.
5. Layer the dark chocolate mousse into the bottom of a serving glass, then top with an even layer of the milk chocolate mousse. Tap the glass on the table to flatten it, and then set in the fridge for 2-3 hours to firm up.
6. Serve with a dollop of soft whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
Chocolate Matcha Mousse
• 150 grams dark chocolate (70 percent cocoa solids)
• 1 ripe avocado
• 1 tablespoon cacao powder
• 2 teaspoons matcha powder
• Couple of fresh mint sprigs
• 25 milliliters rice milk (I like Rude Health)
• 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup (to taste)
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1. Melt the chocolate on a bain marie then set to side to cool a little.
2. Place the remainder of the ingredients plus the avocado flesh and melted chocolate in the food processor and blend until smooth.
3. Pour into ramekins and set in the fridge for 2 hours minimum.