It's the final episode of season one! Who will create the best tart in your eyes?!
Vegan Salted Caramel Tart
• Base Ingredients:
• 150g pecans
• 150g almonds
• 100g pitted dates
• 1 tbsp of vanilla
• 2 tbsp of coconut oil
• Caramel layer:
• 300g pitted dates
• 150g almond butter
• 10-12 tbsp water
• 10 tbsp of coconut oil
• 1 large pinch of salt
• Chocolate top layer:
• 300g 70% dark chocolate
• Heaped teaspoon of coconut oil
1. Line a 24cm round non-stick springform cake tin. Base layer: blend the nuts into a flour like consistency in a food processor. Add the dates, vanilla extract and coconut oil until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
2. Press it firmly into the tin, making sure it’s spread out evenly.
3. Caramel layer: Put all the ingredients into the blender
4. and mix until super smooth - this may take between
5. 5-10 mins and you might need extra water. Spread the caramel evenly on the base layer and place in the fridge.
6. Chocolate layer: gently melt the chocolate in a bain marie with the coconut oil. Remove from the heat then pour over the caramel layer. Place in the fridge to harden up.
7. Top with a dusting of coarse salt and serve with an
8. optional scoop of dairy-free ice cream.
Strawberry and Mascarpone Tart
• Biscuit Base:
• 250g Digestive Biscuits
• 100g Melted Butter
• Mascarpone Filling:
• 250g Mascarpone
• 50g Caster sugar
• 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
• 100ml Double Cream
• To Decorate:
• 400g Fresh Strawberries
1. Blitz the biscuits in a food processor until you have fine crumbs. Slowly pour in the melted butter. Using a spoon, spread the mixture into a tart tin, pushing it into the base and the sides. Chill in the fridge.
2. To make the filling, beat the mascarpone, sugar and vanilla together until combined & fluffy. In a separate bowl whisk the double cream to soft peaks.
3. Fold the double cream into the mascarpone mixture and spread it evenly over the hardened biscuit base.
4. Hull and slice the strawberries, and lay them around the tart, in a fluted design.