In this week's episode of The Showdown Venetia and Topless Baker ask the ultimate question... Tacos or Burritos?!
• 6 Flour Tortillas
• 250g Beef Mince
• 1/2 White Onion
• 1 Clove of Garlic
• 75g Sweetcorn
• 100g Cheddar Cheese
• 1/2 Can of Black Beans
• 1/2 Can of Chopped
• 1 Tbsp Tomato Paste
• 100ml Beef Stock
• 1 Tbsp Fajita Seasoning:
• (1 Tbsp. Chili Powder, 1/4 tsp. Garlic Powder 1/4 tsp.
• Onion Powder, 1/4 tsp. Crushed Red Pepper Flakes,
• 1/4 tsp. Dried Oregano, 1/2 tsp. Paprika, 1 1/2 tsp.
• Ground Cumin, 1 tsp. Sea Salt)
• To serve:
• Shredded Lettuce
• Sour Cream
1. Fry the onion & garlic until soft, then add the beef mince. Fry until completely browned and then add the seasoning and stir.
2. Pour in the chopped tomatoes, tomato paste & stock, and reduce on a high heat for 5-10 mins.
3. Meanwhile, microwave the tortillas for 30s to steam them. Lightly coat them in vegetable oil and drape the tortillas over two bars of your oven rack and bake at 190C degrees until crispy, about 7-10 mins.
4. Take your hardened taco shell, fill the bottom layer with the beef mixture, top with a sprinkling of sweet corn, black beans, shredded lettuce, salsa, sour cream and shredded cheese.
REFRIED BEAN BURRITO WITH CASHEW SOUR CREAM
• 400g can of pinto or kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
• 1tbsp olive oil
• 1 onion finely chopped
• 2 garlic cloves
• 2 tsp cumin
• 2 tsp smoked paprika
• 1 tbsp of tamari
• 1 lime juice
• 1 ripe aovcado
• Some chopped romaine lettuce
• Tortilla wrap
• Fresh cherry tomatoes
• For the cashew cream:
• 125g raw cashew nuts, soaked in water for a minimum of 2 hours
• 240ml unsweetened soya milk or water
• Juice of one small lemon
• 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
• Pinch of salt
1. Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the onion and garlic for 2 mins. Add the cumin and cook for 1 min more. Tip in the beans, paprika, tamari and a splash of water. Using a potato masher, break the beans down as they warm through to make a rough purée. Squeeze over the lime juice.
2. Cashew sour cream: simply blitz all the sour cream ingredients in a grinder until smooth and set aside.
3. Heat both sides of the burrito wrap in a large frying pan until each side has browned a little. Add the beans, avocado, tomatoes, lettuce to the wrap then pour over some salsa and drizzle over the cashew sour cream.