Try the grey stuff, it's delicious! Kate has recreated the weird and wonderful treat from Beauty and the Beast.
• Shortbread biscuits:
• 225g unsalted butter
• 150g caster sugar
• 400g plain flour
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 1 medium egg
• The Grey Stuff:
• 1 sachet banana Angel Delight or vanilla instant pudding mix
• 15 Oreos, finely crushed
• 300ml milk
• 225ml double cream, whipped
• To decorate:
• raspberry jam, seedless
• 30 mini red velvet cakes
• Pearl sprinkles
• Crushed Oreos
1. For the shortbread biscuits, cream together the butter and sugar with an electric whisk. Add the vanilla extract and egg and beat until well combined.
2. Sift in the flour and beat until the mixture starts to come together. Pour mixture out onto a clean worktop and use your hands to bring it together. Give it a slight knead before rolling it out to 6mm thick.
3. Using a round 7cm cookie cutter, with frilly edges, cut out the shortbreads and place them onto baking trays lined with baking paper and bake for 15-20 minutes in a preheated oven at 180ºC. Leave on a wire rack until cool.
4. To make the grey stuff, make the Angel Delight or pudding mix to package instructions and leave in the fridge until set.
5. Once set fold in the crushed Oreos before folding in the whipped double cream. Place in the fridge until firm then spoon into a piping bag fitted with a star-shaped tip.
6. To assemble, add a small dollop of jam to the centre of each shortbread. Place a mini red velvet cupcake upside down on top of the jam.
7. Pipe a small dollop of the grey stuff on top of the cupcake. Then pipe around the cupcake, swirling it up to completely hide the cupcake.
8. Decorate with crushed Oreos and pearl sprinkles. Enjoy :D