Georgia's Asian fish cake burger combines all our favourite Thai flavours. Plus, the fries are to die for!
• For the salad
• Spring onions
• Fresh coriander
• Fresh mint
• Asian salad mix
• Sesame oil
• Soy sauce
• For assembling the burger
• 2 Sesame seed buns
• Sweet chilli sauce
• Potato fries
• For the fries spice mix
• 1/2 tsp garlic salt
• 1/2 tsp ground ginger
• 1/2 tsp ground coriander seed
• 1/2 tsp ground cumin
• 1/2 tsp chilli powder
• For the fish cakes
• 500g white fish fillet, cut into 1 inch pieces
• 2 tbsp red curry paste
• 2 tbsp corn flour
• 1 tbsp fish sauce
• 2 green shallots, sliced finely
• 1 kaffir lime leaf, finely shredded
• Handful of green beans, sliced finely
1. Using a food processor, blitz the fish meat, curry paste, corn flour and fish sauce until combined – take care not to overwork the fish meat.
2. Remove the fish and in a bowl combine with the remaining ingredients.
3. Line a tray with baking paper. Form the fish mix into small round patty sizes.
4. In a wok or fryer, heat vegetable oil until it reaches 180 degrees. Place the fish cakes into the oil making sure not to overcrowd the wok. Once they turn golden brown remove them and place on a tray of paper towel to remove any of the excess oil.
5. Combine all of the spices in a large bowl and add the fried chips. Stir or toss to coat. Now build your burger.