As if shortbread wasn't delicious enough, Georgia adds another layer!
• 225 grams plain flour
• 150 grams butter
• 75 grams caster sugar
• Royal Icing:
• 200 grams icing sugar
• 1 (30 grams egg white
• Lemon juice
1. Combine ingredients until it forms a dough.
2. Roll out on a floured surface until 1 centimeter thick and using a heart cutter cut out heart shapes and put them onto a baking tray (no need for baking paper).
3. Take out a small rectangle at the bottom corner of each biscuit.
4. Refrigerate for 10 minutes and heat the oven to 180°C.
5. Bake for 10-12 minutes until the biscuits start to brown.
6. If you don't want to put a royal icing, sprinkle with caster sugar whilst still hot and leave to cool.
7. To make royal icing, whisk the egg white and icing sugar together and alter the consistency with lemon juice to make it spreadable. Colour accordingly and decorate when cool.