Get stuffed with these veggie-friendly sweet potato treats!
• 4 sweet potatoes
• Olive oil
• Splash of milk
• Butter, to taste
• Salt & pepper, to taste
• 4 spring onions, chopped
• 200 grams cheddar, grated
• 200 grams mozzarella, grated
• Crème fraîche
• Fresh chives, to garnish
1. Scrub sweet potatoes under water. Dry with kitchen roll, prick with fork and rub olive oil over the skin. Season with salt and bake in a preheated oven at 200°C for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until soft in the middle.
2. Cut potato in half (be careful it will be hot) and scoop out the centre into a bowl leaving a little border around the edge of the skins.
3. Place skins face down on to the baking tray, drizzle over more oil and place back in the oven for 5-10 minutes until they have crisped up.
4. Mash potato with milk and butter until desired consistency before adding 1/2 of the cheese and chopped spring onions. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Once the skins are out of the oven, spoon in the mixture and top with remaining cheese.
6. Place in the oven for 10-15 minutes until the potato is hot and the cheese is melted. Serve with a dollop of crème fraîche and a sprinkling of fresh chives. Enjoy.