Inspired by Dominique Ansel's creations, here's how you can make an awesome, show-stopping sweetcorn soft serve at home!
• 3 medium corn on the cobs, shucked
• 600ml double cream
• 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
• 397ml can of condensed milk
• 1 tbsp salt flakes
• 1 squirt of squirty cream
• 100 grams icing sugar
• 4 corn on the cob, to serve
• Sweet and salty popcorn, to serve
1. For the ice cream, cut the corn kernels from the cobs, then cut the cobs widthways into 3 pieces. Combine the kernels and cobs in a medium pan along with the cream, vanilla and salt. Bring to a simmer over a medium-high heat, then turn off the heat. Let the mixture infuse at room temperature for at least 21⁄2 hours, or in the fridge for up to 12 hours.
2. Strain the remaining mixture through a fine sieve into a large, clean bowl.
3. Whisk the cream until soft peaks form then add the condensed milk, cream and icing sugar and continue to whisk until the mixture holds medium/firm peaks.
4. Place the mixture into a piping bag and leave in the freezer for 2 - 3 hours.
5. After 2 - 3 hours, remove the piping bag from the freezer and place into the fridge for 20 minutes before you need to use it.
6. To serve, remove the kernels from ⅓ of a corn cob.
7. Cook the cob in boiling water for 5 minutes, then remove and pat dry with kitchen paper.
8. Heat a griddle pan over a medium-high heat and grill the corn until charred on all sides.
9. Take the ice cream out of the fridge and pipe onto the cob - starting from the bottom where you removed the kernels.
10. Sprinkle with a few pieces of sweet and salty popcorn and enjoy!