How to make Sweet & Sour Squid & Vegetables
• 250 grams squid, cleaned and sliced into 7mm rings
• 1/2 onion, cut into bite-sized chunks
• 50 grams celery, sliced 1 centimeter thick
• 300 grams tomatoes, chopped into bite-sized chunks
• Half courgette, cut into bite-sized chunks
• 200 grams fresh or tinned pineapple, cut into bite-sized chunks
• 100 milliliters pineapple juice from can or orange juice
• 2 tablespoons fish sauce
• 1 garlic clove
• 1 teaspoon sugar
• 1 birdseye chilli, half de-seeded
• 1 juice of lime or lemon
1. Finely chop garlic and chilli and add to a bowl with sugar and fish sauce and stir.
2. Heat a frying pan or wok until very hot. Add a dash of cooking oil, then stir fry the onions, celery and tomatoes for about a minute. Add the courgette and pineapple, stirring well while adding pineapple juice. Add the squid and fish sauce mix. Cook for a further 2 - 3 minutes, add juice of a lime and stir well.
3. Serve immediately with steamed rice.