Sushi Doughnuts! Combining everyone's favourite food to create something beautiful
• 250 grams sushi rice
• 330 grams water
• 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
• 2 tablespoons caster sugar
• 1 teaspoon salt
• Black sesame seeds
• Toasted sesame seeds
• 2 tablespoons soy sauce
• 1 tablespoon honey
• 3 tablespoons mayo
• 1 teaspoon Sriracha hot sauce
• Coriander sprigs
• 2 avocados (ideally not too ripe)
• 1 tuna steak (supermarket is fine)
• 1 salmon fillet (supermarket is fine)
• 3-5 tablespoons milk
1. Wash the rice 4 times, or until the water is no longer cloudy and starchy.
2. Add the washed rice to the saucepan and add 330 milliliters of cold water. Bring to the boil, place a lid on and cook for ten minutes. Turn the heat off and leave to stand for 25
3. Minutes. Turn out onto a tray and place in the fridge to chill.
4. Mix the vinegar, salt and sugar together and mix through the cooled rice and begin using it.Lay a sheet of cling film into a small rum baba tin, and then push the cooled rice into form a donut shape. Tip out onto a board and repeat.
5. Half the avocado lengthways, remove the stone and slice very thinly horizontally. Gently push the avocado at either end in opposing directions to straighten it out,
6. And then wrap around to form a circular shape, similar to a rose/flower.
7. Remove the skin from the salmon and then slice this and the tuna into thin sashimi strips.
8. Mix the mayo and hot sauce together and transfer to a squeezy bottle.
9. Assemble the donuts by drizzling parts in different sesame seeds, adding some of the tuna and leaving raw and some sliced avocado. In some sections, add a few slices of salmon and brush with a mixture of honey and soy sauce, before heating with a blowtorch to caramelise.